It was the decade of decadence. It was about amaze and allure as able-bodied as baubles, bangles, and beads.
Everyone admired Luke and Laura in the afternoon. Adult Diana became the People's Princess if she affiliated Prince Charles. Nighttime soaps like Dallas and Dynasty disqualified the airwaves. President Ronald Reagan disqualified the United States. Tom Cruise acquainted the charge for speed. Michael Milliken was the Junk Bond King. Gordon Gekko accomplished Wall Artery adept kids that acquisitiveness was good. Dallas local news material Girl Madonna fabricated her agreeable debut.
What decade was it?
We can alone be talking about that agitating time aeon - the accomplished eighties.
Here are twenty-one agency for you to verify that you accord to (or accord in) the 1980's.
1. Breakdancing on the sidewalk looked like fun. Now it just looks like you ability breach something.
2. You can still recite chat from any cine starring Molly Ringwald.
3. "Cell phones" meant the blast humans acclimated if they got their "one buzz call" in jail.
4. You had at atomic one of the following: a Cabbage Patch Kid, He-Man activity figures, a Rubik's Cube, or something with a Pac-Man logo on it.
5. You bethink a lot of account about the Animal Genome Project, which was a complete mapping of animal DNA. You aswell bethink how this was declared to advance to the abolishment of disease.
6. You bethink the day that bags of radio stations beyond the apple played "We Are The World" at the exact aforementioned time. (Now, you're singing it!)
7. Your aboriginal anthology was a vinyl 33 and you laughed at your parents because they capital to play 45's and 8-track tapes.
8. You apperceive who Oliver North is and why he was in the news.
9. Someone on your artery or adjacency beatific his or her activity accumulation to a afterwards discredited televangelist.
10. You abashed out with your accompany at the mall, abnormally in the video arcade area you exchanged those hard-earned abode for tokens.
11. You apperceive that "glasnost" agency artlessness or accuracy and "perestroika" agency bread-and-butter restructuring.
12. You and your accompany fabricated fun of the "I've collapsed and I can't get up" lady. (The fabulous woman was called Mrs. Fletcher and the artefact was the LifeCall emergency service.)
13. You amid "like" abundantly and unnecessarily throughout your sentences. Like so, "Like, that was, like, the hardest analysis we anytime had. So afterwards class, I was all like allurement the abecedary and she was like it wouldn't accept been harder if you had studied. Then I was like is that like abandoned abrupt or what?"
14. You apperceive there was alone one way Dorothy on the Golden Girls could accomplish Sophia behave. She artlessly said, "Shady Pines, Ma, Shady Pines."
15. You've in fact tasted New Coke. Extra credibility if you wrote to Coca-Cola and insisted they accompany aback the aboriginal formula.
16. You bethink if there was no such affair as CNN, E!, or MTV.
17. Your parents were abashed you'd cut yourself putting on a breeze bracelet.
18. You were aggressive by Sandra Day O'Connor, the aboriginal changeable Supreme Court Judge, Sally Ride, the aboriginal changeable astronaut and Geraldine Ferraro, the aboriginal (and as of this autograph only) changeable Vice Presidential candidate.
19. Renting abhorrence cine sequels about Jason Voorhees, Freddy Krueger, and Michael Myers took up a lot of your time.
20. You admired the adverse sketches and blooming fungus on You Can't Do That On Television.
21. You played Atari, Intellivision, Sega, Nintendo, and Coleco until your easily went numb.